LDSTech

Annual ward history template?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.

Annual ward history template?

#1Postby rocknrone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 am

I'm a new ward clerk working on my first annual history. The ward historian has asked all the auxiliaries to submit a small history so she can compile it into one. We have just started it and some of the leaders are already complaining.

I have read all the info on the church web site and understand what needs to be included. What I haven't found is a template of questions that could guide everyone through the process.

It is proposed.......(to use a church phrase)........that those on the forum submit thought provoking questions that we can compile into a template, to help each presidency contribute to the ward history.

Such as....

1. What activities did your quorum or group participate in that helped to introduce a non member to the gospel.

2. What activities did your quorum or group sponsor to help reactivate it's members.

3. Describe any service projects your group participated in and how they helped those involved.

I think if they had a place to start they could complete this without much complaining.
rocknrone

#2Postby aebrown » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 am

I think you'll find the Stake, District, and Mission Annual Histories page very useful. One of the resources there is the Stake, District, and Mission Annual Histories Guide. In that guide you'll find the "Priesthood and Auxiliary Report (template)" which includes questions to get people started.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Return to Getting Started for New Clerks