LDSTech

Page error in IE with Windows 7

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.

Page error in IE with Windows 7

#1Postby mrwenzel » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 am

Is anyone else seeing page errors when trying to use the calendar with IE from Windows 7 64bit? I can login and the calendar will load(slowly 3-5 minutes) but then shows an error status for the page. As near as I can tell it's a javascript error on the page. Once that happens, I can not click on any eventos to view or modify on any calendar. Nothing happens when I click on any of those links.

BTW, safari works fine on my MacBook.
mrwenzel

#2Postby danpass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 am

mrwenzel wrote:Is anyone else seeing page errors when trying to use the calendar with IE from Windows 7 64bit? I can login and the calendar will load(slowly 3-5 minutes) but then shows an error status for the page. As near as I can tell it's a javascript error on the page. Once that happens, I can not click on any eventos to view or modify on any calendar. Nothing happens when I click on any of those links.

BTW, safari works fine on my MacBook.

I just tried it on my machine with the same configuration as you have (IE is version 9). There was no delay in loading the calendar and no errors displayed. All event links seem to be fully functional.
danpass

#3Postby mrwenzel » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:35 pm

danpass wrote:I just tried it on my machine with the same configuration as you have (IE is version 9). There was no delay in loading the calendar and no errors displayed. All event links seem to be fully functional.

I just checked and the current default for Win7 is IE 8. If I get really desparate I guess I can update to IE 9 and see what happens.
mrwenzel

#4Postby russellhltn » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I use Win7/IE9 myself had haven't had problems. I would suggest you stay away from IE9-64 bit as I understand that can have problems.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Return to Calendar