Wanted: free online way to share backlog and iterations planning docs

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

Darris Williams-p40

Post by Darris Williams-p40 »

I really like the idea of a FamilySearch wiki blog. Is it possible to have one in the wiki? Is there an extension for this? If it is possible to have one with Media wiki then I wonder if we should start a new thread and sort out what needs to be done on this so it can be added to the backlog and prioritized into an iteration in the near future.
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

I did a quick search and found several results. I did not get a chance to look at them all in depth, was about to post, and my IE crashed with all of the links. So, I will try to get them all again . . . grrr. It seems like I am missing a couple, but I need to get some other stuff done.

While searching for the above, I ran into an interesting extension:
http://phpimpact.wordpress.com/2008/02/ ... mediawiki/
RitcheyMT

Post by RitcheyMT »

andersonhome wrote:You may want to consider adding a Blog to provide updates to the users on what is happening to the wiki. I don't think you want the user community to be able to edit our sprints, but I think you want to share and allow comments. It seems like a blog format would be better than a wiki for this type of content.
So how do you envision this, Don? Would you put the whole backlog on the blog, or just put on the blog the items in your latest sprint, or just put on it the changes you recently deployed to Production?
cottrells

Issue still unresolved

Post by cottrells »

What is the latest thinking about making the FamilySearch Wiki product backlog public?

Having reread this thread was publishing the product backlog on a blog the best solution?
JensenFA

Post by JensenFA »

cottrells wrote:What is the latest thinking about making the FamilySearch Wiki product backlog public?

Having reread this thread was publishing the product backlog on a blog the best solution?
The publishing of the wiki development backlog items is currently under discussion. We appreciate your suggestion for using a Blog instead of a wiki page. When we reach a decision, we will post another reply. Thanks again for your thoughts and ideas. ~Fran

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”