Bishops Forum?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
longc

Bishops Forum?

Post by longc »

I am fairly new to my calling as Ward Clerk.

Today my Bishop asked me if there is something to the effect of a "Bishops resources" or "Bishops forum" out there.

Can anyone tell me if anything like that might exist?? Something he can post quick questions to etc.

Thanks for your help!!

Curt
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Bishops Forum?

Post by aebrown »

I don't know of anything particularly targeted to bishops. However, any bishop is welcome to post a question (non-confidential, of course) here on LDSTech. Several different bishops have posted questions and comments and answers here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

None that I know of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

longc wrote:Today my Bishop asked me if there is something to the effect of a "Bishops resources" or "Bishops forum" out there.
Handbook 1 and the stake president's phone number.

Seriously, a stake president will talk to one of his bishops almost any time. But suggest that he do it in that order (Handbook first), or at least begin his question with, "Where in the Handbook does it say . . ."

And for general welfare issues, the chairman of the Stake Bishops' Welfare Council is an excellent resource.

For clerking issues, he should ask you to find the answer in the Handbook or from stake or other resources.

One of the most important things a stake president does is to help his bishops be successful. And that is one of the primary reasons for the regular priesthood interviews they have together, where he may take any question he has for discussion.

The other reason those resources are the best ones is because each ward is different, and the answer to a challenge in one ward might not work at all in another ward.
longc

Post by longc »

Thanks for the feed back. :-)

Return to “General Discussions”