Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support."

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bkt64

Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support."

Post by bkt64 »

I am getting the error "Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support." error when I try updating the repeating events. At first I thought it was because I had an inconsistency, but I double and triple checked my information and nothing seems to be out of line. I even rewatched the video "Editing Repeating Events" and did as it told me. I also tried to move an event, but the weeks were different, so in week view I cannot just slide the event to another day since it is in a whole different week. Any suggestions on how to resolve? I did find an end run around the problem, schedule a repeating event up until the conflict, then schedule a single event to resolve, the another repeating series of events to continue.

FYI -- I am new to this forum stuff. If I have posted something where I shouldn't have, or not done my research and this has already been answered, forgive me. I will learn. I did read FAQ and I believe that I have done it right as I understand it. Thanks for your patience.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact suppo

Post by aebrown »

bkt64 wrote:I am getting the error "Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support." error when I try updating the repeating events.
I've done several tests and can't duplicate the problem. I can duplicate a similar problem easily for reservations, but not for events.
bkt64 wrote:FYI -- I am new to this forum stuff. If I have posted something where I shouldn't have, or not done my research and this has already been answered, forgive me. I will learn. I did read FAQ and I believe that I have done it right as I understand it. Thanks for your patience.
The only mistake you made is that you posted in the General Discussions forum section, when your problem clearly involved the Calendar. Since we have a forum section specifically dedicated to the Calendar, that's the right place to post such questions. But no worries -- I moved the topic to that forum section, so all is well.
bkt64

Re: Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact suppo

Post by bkt64 »

Yes, I am a building scheduler, and I incorrectly stated it was for events, but in reality it is for reservations. I will address this further under the Calendar forum section, unless you have an answer for me. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Calendar”