Charity socials, auctions, fundraisers

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Charity socials, auctions, fundraisers

Post by drepouille »

One of the beloved sisters in my stake is quite ill. The loss of income and the medical expenses are difficult for the family. Some in my stake are proposing to hold a charity social and fundraising auction for the family in the stake center. I don't know how the money will be collected, but the proceeds will be given to the family.

I am just wondering if such a thing is authorized. I don't see a problem with it as long as the money is handled properly, but I don't know the Church policies on this topic.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Gary_Miller

Re: Charity socials, auctions, fundraisers

Post by Gary_Miller »

Church policy pay fast offering and let the bishop take care of the details
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would check Handbook 2:13.6.8.

I personally can't see any way it could be done except if approved by the Area Presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The use of the building should comply with Handbook 2, 21.2. Take note of list item 4 in the first paragraph. Further information on this particular use may be found in Handbook 1. Your local leaders should prayerfully consider the specific circumstances of the event(s) and the guidance in the handbooks in determining appropriate use of the building.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”