Don't know who made reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
clausgraetz

Don't know who made reservations

Post by clausgraetz »

I am a building coordinator for a building that serves three wards. When a person schedules the building they rarely put in the notes field a contact name and phone no. So, if conflicts arise I have no means to contact them. Is there any suggestions? I love to see a field added where this info would either be automatically filled in (by the login info) or required to be entered.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Don't know who made reservations

Post by aebrown »

When you click on an event, and then follow the link for "View event details and location", you'll see at the right-hand side of the event details the unit that scheduled the event, along with the person's name, phone, and email address.

So as near as I can tell, the information you are requesting is already available.

If someone has scheduled an event on someone else's behalf and has not supplied contact information, then at least you can contact the person who created the event. That's a great starting point.
grylnsmn

Post by grylnsmn »

It does include that information, but I've seen several cases where I've had to edit an entry (as the building scheduler), and it updates that information to my name, rather than the original person.

Also, some people schedule events on behalf of the quorum or organization, and it ties it to the individual, rather than the organization. For example, we have one YM event that is recurring and was scheduled by someone last year, and it still sends out notifications in his name even though he has since been released from the calling (and moved out of the ward). Because of the turnover in callings, the person who originally schedules an event may be released and no longer in charge of it by the time that the event actually comes along.

There ought to be a way to either tie an event to a calling (rather than the individual), or to have a building scheduler have the authority to enter the event and attach it to another person. (This is especially a concern in wards like the Spanish-speaking ward that we share a building with, where a large part of the ward doesn't have Internet access.)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The ability to designate the point of contact for an event has been recommended in other threads. That appears to be your primary issue at this point. We have not heard back from a church employee whether this recommendation has been added to the queue for some future update release.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sebown

Post by sebown »

jdlessley wrote:The ability to designate the point of contact for an event has been recommended in other threads. ... We have not heard back from a church employee whether this recommendation has been added to the queue for some future update release.
That feature would be useful. Is there any more information about this recommendation?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

No. They would have posted in this forum if there was any information to release. For now, one work-around is to put the point of contact information in the event details text box. This puts the burden on the calendar editors to remember to put in that information. Another thing someone editing an event can do is to make sure the contact information is in the details box before editing the event.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”