FIX - Presidency members not able to edit group calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
joshhiram

FIX - Presidency members not able to edit group calendar

Post by joshhiram »

So I ran into this issue alot and recently found a fix, and I thought I'd pass it on.

We recently had the Young Womens organization reorganized and none of the new young womens presidency were able to edit the Young Women calendar even though the view and edit rights were set by calling and not by member. I waited a couple weeks, verified they were listed in MLS as holding that calling, verified CDOL, etc., no luck. Neither the YW President nor her secretary could edit the calendar.

Anyways, long story short... the fix: Deactivate the calendar so it's status shows as 'Inactive'. Then, reactivate it (click the status button again so it shows 'Active'). That's it! As soon as I reactivated the calendar, the entire young womens presidency and all the callings I'd added to their calendar received an email saying the viewing and editing privileges had been activated. And sure enough, they can now all edit their calendar.
tomjoht

Re: FIX - Presidency members not able to edit group calendar

Post by tomjoht »

jhiram, thanks for the note about the bug and the workaround. I'll add this issue to the bug tracking system for the QA team to troubleshoot.

Return to “Calendar”