Financial Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Financial Statements

Post by drepouille »

Rookie question here. When I view the financial statements in MLS, the viewer looks very much like Acrobat Reader, but with very few of the options. For example, there is no "save" capability; only print. I suspect this is by design.

Although it is possible to print to CutePDF from MLS, are we discouraged from exporting financial statements in this manner to PDF files?

I know the old saying about asking permission and asking forgiveness. I don't want to violate any big rules in my first month as stake clerk.

Thanks,
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Financial Statements

Post by jdlessley »

drepouille wrote:Although it is possible to print to CutePDF from MLS, are we discouraged from exporting financial statements in this manner to PDF files?
No. This is the manner in which I distribute organization budget reports. I print to paper the finance statements because those require signatures for filing.

MLS programming prevents financial data from being exported from MLS. This, I believe, is to prevent the raw data from being exported and manipulated. We can but speculate as to the reasons. I do not have Handbook 1 for reference and I cannot recall precisely what it says about financial data. But if memory serves me, there is no prohibition about report data being printed to PDF.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”