Download for a single organization

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
NovoGenesis

Download for a single organization

Post by NovoGenesis »

We are familiar with the option for downloading all ward households as a CSV file, but how do we download the information for a single organization? For example, how dow we download a directory of just the High Priests?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Download for a single organization

Post by aebrown »

There's no feature in the Directory for downloading a single organization. Clerks and ward/stake leaders have additional options in MLS and in Clerk and Leader Resources on LDS.org for creating lists of organizations, but regular members don't have access to those options.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition,the regular members won't see people who have chosen to restrict their information to only church leaders. Relying on a directory download could cause you to overlook someone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NovoGenesis

Post by NovoGenesis »

I understand the reason for limiting universal access by all members. However, it would be nice if organization heads could download this information or print these reports from home using the internet. I understand that leaders will eventually be able to submit such things as home teaching reports from home by using the internet. Why not also let them create and print standard or custom reports, or download organization listings, from home in the same fashion?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

richardwilkinson wrote:I understand the reason for limiting universal access by all members. However, it would be nice if organization heads could download this information or print these reports from home using the internet.
That could certainly be helpful. But someone on the development team is going to have to sort out what that would mean for all the privacy rules. It seems clear that the Church has decided that it's okay to let bishoprics and clerks see all the members, independent of privacy settings. But would the same apply to, say, a YM president? Or a Sunday School president?

I see abundant evidence that the Church is being cautious in how broadly they open up access to a lot of this information. After all, the Church has to be careful about a whole host of privacy and other laws in many jurisdictions. So there are a lot of tricky issues to be solved.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”