Version 2.4 download media files for offline use

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rsrino

Version 2.4 download media files for offline use

Post by rsrino »

I had an update this morning showing media files can be downloaded for offline use. It offered me the opportunity to download over 200 megs. I didn't have time for the download. How to I get to that now? I want to control what media I get. I don't want all content - e.g. Friend, New Era, Liahona. I want things like conference, Ensign etc.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Version 2.4 download media files for offline use

Post by scgallafent »

You can download individual media items by clicking on the "play" arrow in the bottom toolbar. If media can be downloaded, it includes a new item: "Download Media."

If you download the January 2013 Ensign, select the First Presidency message, and then choose Download Media, you see the following options:
  • 1 (Audio) The Voice of the Lord
  • 1 (PDF) The Voice of the Lord
  • 2 All media for this page (2 items)
  • 28 All audio for "Jan. 2013 Ensign" (28 items)
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I finally see the Come Follow Me manual, and based on this thread figured out how to download individual videos. But it's quite cumbersome; is there another way of downloading the videos directly? I like the iOS method of having a Videos section of the Library. Barring that I thought there would be an option under Manage Media.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There isn't a way that I know of. I know that the developers have been working on this pretty hard and I suspect they've got other features they will be adding over time, but the push has been to get this ready as fast as possible so that you can begin using it.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks. Just wondering why they do things differently between iOS and Android. Sometimes the platform dictates it but often not.
paccordino

Post by paccordino »

Thank you for the insite. It works very well. we have been struggling with the network at the church building as the network is slammed with too many devices and disconnects. This allows us to teach by downloading and just attaching to the TV. It works well.
danshumway

Post by danshumway »

This method doesn't work with my Kindle Fire. I can't listen to Primary lessons. What else should I do?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

craiggsmith wrote:I finally see the Come Follow Me manual, and based on this thread figured out how to download individual videos. But it's quite cumbersome; is there another way of downloading the videos directly? I like the iOS method of having a Videos section of the Library. Barring that I thought there would be an option under Manage Media.
If you want better access to videos specifically, I'd suggest looking into the Mormon Channel app...
jinhang

Post by jinhang »

I am using the Gospel Library app Via Win 10. How can I download media for my lesson to view @ church? I have used android in the past and that is simple, but There are screen size issues as well as volume (small tablet) I could take a clunky external speaker, but my laptop is way better for this. I just can't download the media for offline. How can I do it?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Jinhang,

This question would have been better directed in the section of these forums actually designed for the Windows version of the app.

Lucky for you, I am a member of the Windows team and happened to look at this post.

The ability to download multimedia will be introduced in a future release. It is not currently available in Gospel Library for Windows. Gospel Library for Windows is a very young app compared to Gospel Library on iOS and Android and is being developed as quickly as it can be by a team of volunteers.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Android Gospel Library”