Baptism and Confirmation Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scroggin6

Baptism and Confirmation Question

Post by scroggin6 »

I have a question regarding baptism and confirmation of a child of record. I became the clerk and was asked to clean up some of child of record baptisms. One family was able to remember the date of the baptism of their daughter and who performed the baptism but was not able to remember who had performed the confirmation. Also, there are not two witnesses to confirm who performed the confirmation either. Does the entire baptism and confirmation have to be performed over again?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Baptism and Confirmation Question

Post by aebrown »

I'd recommend that you carefully read Handbook 1, Section 16.1.10. That gives the precise circumstances in which the testimony of witnesses may be used, and when the ordinance must be performed again.
eblood66

Re: Baptism and Confirmation Question

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:I'd recommend that you carefully read Handbook 1, Section 16.1.10. That gives the precise circumstances in which the testimony of witnesses may be used, and when the ordinance must be performed again.
Note that if, after reading that section, you decide you do not need the name of the person who performed the confirmation, you'll probably have to use the MLS Special Request feature to ask CHQ to make the change because MLS requires a name.

Return to “Membership Help”