"Hide left column" button

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

Thomas_Lerman

"Hide left column" button

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

The "Hide left column" button used to be on the far right of the screen if I remember correctly. The positioning seemed very odd to. I believe the graphic was pretty good in describing what the button did.

With the newer version, the button was moved to the far left of the page title (such as to the left of "Main Page". The positioning is MUCH better in my opinion. The graphic got changed to a left arrow. When the left column is hidden it changes to a right arrow. I do not know if it just me or not (please comment), but everytime I see that left arrow, I think of the "Back" button. The positioning and graphic just does that for me. Any comments?
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

I am trying to think of an example that would make more sense to me. The things that come to mind are:
a) the "Folders" button on Explorer where it is pushed in while showing and out when it is not.
b) In the Folders area of Explorer when it is showing, one can hit the close button for the folders. This would seem to make the most sense, but then where does the show button appear.

Other examples???

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”