Email to former ward members by mistake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kamron2

Email to former ward members by mistake

Post by kamron2 »

I am currently serving as ward Young Men president and added an event to the young men calendar. Soon after, I received an email from a former counselor in the YM presidency who has not lived in our ward for nearly a year now. (His records are no longer in our ward.) Also, the YM calendar says that I do not have permissions to edit. I'm thinking something in the coding of who is currently serving in what calling is not correct. BTW the callings are all current in MLS. Does MLS data automatically feed to the calendar permissions on lds.org? Anyway, how can this be fixed? Thank you, Kamron Eck, Caldwell 15th ward, Caldwell Idaho East stake.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Email to former ward members by mistake

Post by jdlessley »

kamron2 wrote:BTW the callings are all current in MLS. Does MLS data automatically feed to the calendar permissions on lds.org?
Not directly. MLS updates CDOL for member calling position data and CMIS for membership data, which includes the member's assigned unit. CDOL and CMIS data feeds other systems that require calling position and membership data to determine access permissions for church websites and online tools.

For the purposes of the message notifications, Calendar has been known to send notices to previous ward members when they have not logged on to the Calendar after the move. There are other threads with this topic discussion. Logging on to Calendar after membership records have been moved causes Calendar to re-query CMIS. This should update the messaging system with the updated unit data.

The recommendation is to have the member log on to Calendar to reset the Calendar messaging.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email to former ward members by mistake

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The recommendation is to have the member log on to Calendar to reset the Calendar messaging.
For good measure, I'd suggest the member login into the calendar and redo their subscriptions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”