Bible videos not playing on Google Nexus 7

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
kennethr63

Bible videos not playing on Google Nexus 7

Post by kennethr63 »

I recently installed the LDS Bible Videos app from Google Play store to my Google Nexus 7 tablet. I am not able to get the videos to play. I am able to open the app, view the still shots, scroll through the videos, and select a video. But, when I select "Play" for a selected video, it momentarily goes to a new screen like it's going to play, then goes back to the selection screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and that did not work. Any ideas? Are there any other apps I need for videos of this format to work? Do I need to change a setting on my tablet?

I have also downloaded the LDS Gospel Library. So far I have not had any problem with the video components of that app.

Thanks, Kenneth Reeves
Killeen, Texas
giffordrb

Re: Bible videos not playing on Google Nexus 7

Post by giffordrb »

My Nexus 7 behaves the same way.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

On my Nexus 7, I can get all but about 6 or 7 of the videos to work, but the rest play just fine. Not sure what's wrong with those few, or why you folks can't get any to play.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Mikerowaved wrote:On my Nexus 7, I can get all but about 6 or 7 of the videos to work, but the rest play just fine. Not sure what's wrong with those few, or why you folks can't get any to play.
I poked around a bit more and my nexus behaves the same with some videos working and others not.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “Android Member Tools App”