Repeating event feature

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ronalines

Repeating event feature

Post by ronalines »

Can we please add a new feature? That is, with regard to Repeating, one that will allow me to insert a series that populates the 2nd and 3rd Sunday of every month? This would be most helpful when inserting a series to cover the SSchool 2nd and 3rd Sunday lessons. We need a function that recognizes particular Sundays like the 1st Sunday of every month. Running a series with the tools we have now only allows us a specific date or a specific number of times an entry will be made which isn't effective because of the 4 months that have 5 Sundays. Anything past that point is wrong. Enabling the software to recognize 1st Sunday, 2nd Sunday, 3rd Sunday, 4th Sunday, and 5th Sunday will greatly enhance the user experience and take away the drudgery of editing over and over.

Thanks!!! Great Tool

Ron Lines
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This topic was split from the Hovering over online Calendar entry thread because it is a separate topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gregwanderson

Re: Repeating event feature

Post by gregwanderson »

I believe this is already available if your event has a check on "This event repeats" in the lower, left side of the event details window AND if you select "Monthly by day of week" in the list of options under "Repeats" in the upper right of that window. (Maybe not a good idea to put the things in opposite corners?)
ronalines

Post by ronalines »

I believe that is correct, however, I shouldn't have to set any parameters in the repeating functions just because I selected an entry in a series and need to edit the text portion only. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks again for the reply.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ronalines wrote:I believe that is correct, however, I shouldn't have to set any parameters in the repeating functions just because I selected an entry in a series and need to edit the text portion only. Hopefully this makes sense.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. The original post in this topic talks about having the capability to allow you "to insert a series that populates the 2nd and 3rd Sunday of every month." As has been pointed out, that capability exists.

But in this post you're talking about editing the text of an event in a series, which sounds like a new topic. And there's no reason you would have to set any parameters to edit the text portion, anyway (with the one exception of the separate problem you reported that is now in the thread Edit Reoccurring Event: Occurs Every X weeks on... X not persistent, but that's a separate issue).
ronalines

Post by ronalines »

I am learning and by golly, that is correct. I see how to set up a series for the 2nd and 3rd Sunday of each month. It makes sense now that I look at it. Thanks for the direction on this. Great answer!

Return to “Calendar”