Some classes, class selections missing from Lesson Schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
JamesAnderson

Some classes, class selections missing from Lesson Schedules

Post by JamesAnderson »

With the start of the new year, the Lesson Schedules application rolled over to the new year, however there are some glitches I've noticed with it.

1. You have to reselect the classes you want to follow. This is the case whether or not there is class content linked to on the page.

2. The Aaronic Priesthood and Young Women classes and youth Sunday School classes are completely missing. You can't even see them on the right to choose them to follow those classes.

3. The 'View Year' option also appears to be missing.

Anyone know what's going on?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Some classes, class selections missing from Lesson Sched

Post by jdlessley »

JamesAnderson wrote:1. You have to reselect the classes you want to follow. This is the case whether or not there is class content linked to on the page.
The 2012 and 2013 classes are separately set up. While there may be classes named the same in 2012 and in 2103, the view settings for 2012 classes do not affect the view settings for 2013 classes. Those classes you checked to be viewed in 2012 have no affect on the classes you want to view in 2013. To view any 2013 classes you will have to check them in the Class list column to the right of the page. It would be nice if the same classes checked for viewing in 2012 would also be checked in 2013.

I can see some programing difficulties in determining what 2012 class is similar to any 2013 class. For example, we used one class for the Aaronic Priesthood in 2012. But in 2013 we are using three classes for each of the quorums. How would a programer handle that situation to determine what class is to be viewed in 2013? It is relatively easy for the Gospel Doctrine class. But when there are situations like my example then I can see users having some classes set for viewing but not all or worse, the wrong ones.

Then there is the situation described in your second list item. I see no good way for the programmers to set the view status of a class when it has not been added or activated for the new year.

Perhaps a note to the user to select the classes they want to view when advancing from one year to the next would prevent confusion.
JamesAnderson wrote:2. The Aaronic Priesthood and Young Women classes and youth Sunday School classes are completely missing. You can't even see them on the right to choose them to follow those classes.
Those classes have either not been added for 2013 or they have not been activated (check mark in the "Active" column on the "Administration" page). Contact either an administrator or a member of the presidency responsible for that class to have it added or activated.
JamesAnderson wrote:3. The 'View Year' option also appears to be missing.
Are you saying there is a class selected for display in the right "Class" column and displayed below the lesson date (Sunday, January 06, 2013) and there is no "View Year" link in the far right of that column? Have you clicked the lesson date arrows to change the lesson date? There was some reported display issues in the changeover from 2012 that appear to be resolved when the lesson date is advanced or decreased and then returned.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”