Time out service error

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
drgossomer

Time out service error

Post by drgossomer »

Every time I paste a URL into a lesson form (to where it says to place the URL), I get an error saying service error session may have timed out and then I have to log back in. It will then let me do one lesson but the next time I copy a URL then try to paste it it will do the same thing.

Update:
Okay, actually it seems to be related to anytime a URL is applied, even when trying to click through to read a lesson. Once a external page is opened or clicked, even if very quickly returning, there is a time out error, causing one to have to re log in. It is very cumbersome.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Time out service error

Post by aebrown »

Make sure that any links you create use HTTPS, not HTTP. Following an HTTP link to a page on LDS.org will sign you out. See Following links to LDS.org signs you out.
mevans

Post by mevans »

We've seen the service error problem during the beta test (search the beta forum for service error). I haven't personally seen it since it went live and don't recollect anyone else reporting it here.

I don't think it's related to the computer or web browser, but just in case, can you let us know what OS you're running and the web browser you're using?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I take back my previous comment. I tried editing various lesson schedules tonight and got the service error problem quite frequently. It was at a different time than drgossomer, but I got it a lot. I was getting it when clicking on a particular class to edit.

This isn't good. I thought we'd gotten this problem fixed. Hopefully someone is there and can take a look. This has been a bad problem to track down.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm trying to edit classes today and I've been getting the Service Error several times.
Screen shot 2013-01-21 at 9.07.24 AM.png
Service Error
(45.89 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Take a look at the numbers: January NaN; and look at the top navigation bar where it says December and a negative number after it. I'm trying to edit a lesson for a day in January 2013.

I've seen this sort of thing before. I managed to get a screen capture of it this time. I was in an endless loop. If I dismiss the service error, the screen refreshes and it just comes back again.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I had thought the Service Error problem was limited to doing administrative functions on the calendar. This morning I just tried going to the Lesson Schedules tool to review the lesson. I couldn't even open it without getting the Service Error (and you hit OK and it comes up again). I tried again and got the eternal spinning ball. Finally I got the Lesson Schedules to open up.

Is anyone else getting the Service Error?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I only see it on Sundays. Even then after a acknowledge the notice I see the spinner for a several more seconds and then the main page comes up. One time I got the message and acknowledged it twice before getting the main page. So for me this indicates server load issues.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”