Where is Ward Conference Report stored?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mvwardclerk

Where is Ward Conference Report stored?

Post by mvwardclerk »

The historical clerk has requested a copy of the Ward Conference report but I do not know where to find it. Is it stored electronically in MLS? Does the Stake keep a copy of it?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Where is Ward Conference Report stored?

Post by lajackson »

mvwardclerk wrote:The historical clerk has requested a copy of the Ward Conference report but I do not know where to find it. Is it stored electronically in MLS? Does the Stake keep a copy of it?
If you refer to the List of Officers Sustained, the stake should have kept a copy of it. Or the ward might have saved it as a form in MLS, although those usually go away after 90 days.

The other option is to recreate it by calling up a new sustaining list and editing it to show what should have been there on the day of ward conference. You would need to get it right, and the historians will cringe. But it is a workaround if done carefully.

I am not aware of a "Ward Conference" report, so if you do not refer to the List of Officers Sustained, please clarify.
mvwardclerk

Post by mvwardclerk »

You are correct about the 'list of officers sustained report'. Thanks for the information. I will check with the stake clerk.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This is interesting. I had assumed that wards and branches would have to complete a form similar to the stake conference report. But I guess there is no such thing as a unit conference report.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:This is interesting. I had assumed that wards and branches would have to complete a form similar to the stake conference report. But I guess there is no such thing as a unit conference report.
No, unless the stake president asks for something special. Other than the bishop and stake president normally speaking in sacrament meeting, he has pretty wide latitude in how he decides to run ward conferences.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I could be wrong, but the Officer's Sustained is always read during Ward Conference, isn't it? It always has been in my experience, but I cannot state if it is custom or policy. We always had to print 2 copies for the Stake and we always printed an extra copy to put with our annual ward history.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

It is always read in Ward Conference - The handbook indicates this in the meetings section 18.2.5 - member of SP or HC presents it.

What is included in the Stake History is the Sustaining form.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
zenrook

Post by zenrook »

In LCR, from the Reports Menu, Forms Group, select Officers Sustained.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

After our ward conference this year, the List of Officers sustained form was returned to me with the instruction that it be kept with the ward history that should be submitted to the stake early next year.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I was stake clerk, I advised all ward clerks to print four copies of the Officers Sustained list. One for the ward files. One for the stake files. One for the stake presidency to read during the first hour and lose. One for the high councilor to read during the third hour and lose. Never give anything to a bishop or stake president that you are not willing to lose in a black hole. We don't even trust our stake president to hold checks for deposit.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Reports and Forms”