cant access the lds.org/leader site

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
miketorg

cant access the lds.org/leader site

Post by miketorg »

I am not able to access the /leader site. It tells me I am not authorized. As i understand 1st Counselor in a Branch Presidency should be allowed.

Any Ideas????

Branch Presidency First Counselor
Michael Torgerson

https://www.lds.org/denied.html

Access Denied

You are not authorized to access this page.
johnshaw

Re: cant access the lds.org/leader site

Post by johnshaw »

First thing is to have your ward clerk check that you are entered in as a Standard Calling rather than a custom calling. He can also check http://cdol.lds.org for whether or not your MLS is syncing correctly with CDOL.

In CDOL, search for your branch using the organization selection and expand the list of callings, validate whether you are listed there in the Branch Presidency
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
miketorg

Post by miketorg »

Thanks John,

Interestingly enough my LDS tools app, after i just downloaded it, gave me access to the reports i was looking for (action and interview list). Would my ward clerk have it set up properly to get the info on my iphone?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It appears that you have been entered correctly in CDOL for well over a month, so you have the correct standard calling, and there has been plenty of time for you to be granted access rights based on that standard calling.

The access table does indicate that branch presidency counselors should have access to Leader Resources, so it seems that you should be able to access that site. A couple of questions:
  • When you are signed in to LDS.org, and you click on the <YourName>/Tools menu at the top, everyone will see 10 items (from "Notes and Journal" through "Account Settings"). But if you have leader permissions, you'll then see a dashed line followed by more options, such as Leader Resources and Clerk Resources. Do you see such options?
  • If so, which ones?
miketorg

Post by miketorg »

I only have Sign Out below the --- (dashed) line. See below.

Notes and Journal
Calendar
Directory
Newsletter
Lesson Schedules
Patriarchal Blessing
Maps
Mobile Applications
All Tools
Account Settings
---------------------------------
Sign Out
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

miketorg wrote:I only have Sign Out below the --- (dashed) line.
That's exactly what any regular member will see. That means you have absolutely no access to any site based on your calling.

Is there any chance you are not signed in with your own LDS Account, but instead with someone else's account?

I looked in CDOL, and found you based on the name you supplied, and you are indeed a "Branch Presidency First Counselor" and that calling appears as a standard calling. I'm having a hard time explaining why you wouldn't have site access based on your calling.
miketorg

Post by miketorg »

i am pretty sure i am logged in correctly. At the top of lds.org I see my name.

English Michael H.Torgerson/Tools

I sure appreciate your time looking at this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Well, the only other thing I can think of to try is to make some change to your calling in MLS (the simplest is to change the "Set Apart" flag temporarily) and save that change. Then change it back and save the change. Then so a Send/Receive.

Doing that will cause your calling to be sent through the system again, which should reset your permissions. It's a bit of a long shot, but it might work. If that doesn't work, your only remaining option that I can see is to call Local Unit Support for help.
miketorg

Post by miketorg »

Awesome, thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

One other thing I should have mentioned: after your calling gets updated and transmitted, it can take another business day or so for the permissions to be updated. So don't expect an immediate change.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”