Can't sync with Outlook 2013

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davelef

Can't sync with Outlook 2013

Post by davelef »

I upgraded to Office 2013. My sync'ed calendar migrated but quit updating, telling me instead that it was generating an error when trying to sync. So I deleted that calendar and went to the website to generate a new one. When I paste the generated link into my browser, it correctly prompts me for permissions but the calendar never actually appears in Outlook. I also tried adding a calendar from the Internet and pasting in the link, with the same result. Has anyone been able to get a sync'ed calendar to appear in Outlook 2013? If so, what step/trick am I missing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can't sync with Outlook 2013

Post by aebrown »

The sync service is currently throttled to allow a sync request to succeed every nine minutes. If you do a sync and then try again less than 9 minutes later, the next sync will fail.

So it could be that all you have to do is wait a longer time between your sync attempts (and also make sure that you configure your Outlook so that it won't sync too often).
davelef

Post by davelef »

I had been trying to get it to sync for several weeks without success. Nine minutes is not the issue. And now it won't even reinstall in Outlook after I deleted the old one that wasn't syncing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davelef wrote:I also tried adding a calendar from the Internet and pasting in the link, with the same result. Has anyone been able to get a sync'ed calendar to appear in Outlook 2013? If so, what step/trick am I missing?
It sure sounds like something wrong with your Outlook setup. The only thing I can suggest is to search for Outlook 2013 and calendar sync problem and see what you can fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I was successful in syncing our stake calendar with Outlook 2013. I didn't do anything special. Just put the provided link in Firefox, then let Outlook accept the calendar (as per the instructions). Outlook created the calendar, but it didn't sync right away. I checked it again after letting it sit overnight and I see the calendar is now populated with all the stake activities.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davelef

Post by davelef »

I reinstalled as suggested and do indeed have the calendar in my list now (after accepting it per the instructions). But it's blank, as Mikerowaved says his was, in spite of waiting for over an hour and several F9s to Send/Receive. I'll give it a day and see if it populates. Thanks for the help, all.

Return to “Calendar”