Lesson Schedules Admin issue

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
hecorn

Lesson Schedules Admin issue

Post by hecorn »

I am listed as my ward's web site administrator. I can edit the Newsletter and Calendar but not the Lesson Schedules. Any ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Lesson Schedules Admin issue

Post by jdlessley »

You did not mention whether you had admin rights for Newsletter or for Calendar. Being able to edit on either Newsletter or Calendar is possible with other rights without having admin rights. If you have admin rights for Newsletter you will see the "Admin" link with the gear icon on the right side of the page. If you have admin rights for Calendar you will see the "Administrators" selection in the Settings (gear icon).

I suggest checking with your ward clerk to see if you are listed in MLS and in CDOL with a standard position and not a custom position. The standard position name is "Website Administrator". Custom positions can be spelled exactly the same as a standard position, so checking what is listed in the Directory is not a valid determination as to whether a position is standard or custom.

If you have a standard position of "Website Administrator" and you have admin rights for Newsletter and Calendar you should have admin rights for Lesson Schedules. Those with full admin rights in Lesson Schedules should see the "Administration" link and the "Events" link in the menu bar like this:
[attachment=0]Admin - Lessons.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Admin - Lessons.jpg
Admin - Lessons.jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hecorn

Post by hecorn »

Thank you jdlessley for your help!
I do have Admin rights for the Newsletter, and I can add or delete users/categories. I do not have Admin rights for the calendar ("administrators" does not appear in the settings), however I am able to add or delete events and update event information. I'll need to check on the standard or custom position part and the CDOL status.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hecorn wrote:I do not have Admin rights for the calendar ("administrators" does not appear in the settings), however I am able to add or delete events and update event information.
That sounds like you are an administrator, but not a default administrator (only default administrators see the "Administrators" option). If you are any kind of administrator, you'll see the "Calendars" option under Settings (people who are only editors don't see that option).

If you had the standard calling of Website Administrator, you would have been a default administrator, but since you are not, it's clear that you don't have that standard calling. Instead, some default administrator must have manually added you as a calendar administrator.

The above is relevant to the Lesson Schedules admin issue, since it conclusively shows that you don't have the standard calling of Website Administrator, and that explains why you are not a Lesson Schedules admin.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Per discussion during beta tests, it was stated that Stake Leaders would have admin rights in their own wards so we could become familiar with the tool and be able to assist wards as they have questions. I am a stake clerk and do not have access as an administrator in my Ward's lesson schedule.

How are rights granted to Stake Leaders? If a calling of Stake Clerk is listed, does that person automatically get Admin rights in their ward? Or by some other means?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

As far as I know, it's totally automatic. I'm a stake clerk and I have admin rights to my ward's lesson schedules.

Of course, you have to have the standard calling of stake clerk, but you clearly have that. So I don't know why you would not have admin rights to your ward's lesson schedules. Have you checked with other clerks, executive secretary, or stake presidency members to see if they have access?
jpmuofu

Post by jpmuofu »

I am having a similar problem. I have confirmed that in MLS I am listed as a standard calling "website administrator" but I don't have any rights to edit anything, calendars, directory, lesson schedules or newsletter. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem out side of the standard calling suggestion?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is quite easy to think a position is a standard position when it is a custom position. The spelling of a custom position can be exactly the same as a standard position. If the position is listed in Organizations > Other Organizations > Technology as Website Administrator then it is a standard position. If the position is listed in Organizations > Other Organizations > Other Callings then it is a custom position. Alternately you can check the online directory for your standard position to be listed in Ward Leaders > Technology.

The other thing that you can have your ward clerk check is CDOL. The permissions granted in Church websites and LDS.org Tools is determined by the position listed in CDOL. If you are not listed in CDOL in the standard position of Website Administrator, have your ward clerk edit the calling in MLS and change something (the date or set apart flag work well). Save the change. Go back in and change it back to the original value. Then when he does a send/receive that calling should go up to CDOL. It may take a day or two for the sites and tools involved to reflect the change and grant the correct permissions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dallingj

Post by dallingj »

I am a ward website admin I can see both admin and events but when I click events it says no scheduled events but there is no add event button. If I am understanding this correctly I need to add events so every on else can make their schedules. Am I doing something wrong?

Both CDOL and MLS show me as Website Administrator I checked and I am not a custom position.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dallingj wrote:I am a ward website admin I can see both admin and events but when I click events it says no scheduled events but there is no add event button.
After clicking the "Events" icon the "Scheduled Events" page will show the events for the year selected. Make sure the year 2013 is selected when adding events for 2013. The a "Add Event" link is to the left of the page on the same line as the year selector as in this image:
[attachment=0]Lessons - Add Event.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Lessons - Add Event.jpg
(14.37 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
JD Lessley

Return to “Lesson Schedules”