Subscriptions Won't Display

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
techgy
Community Moderators

Subscriptions Won't Display

Post by techgy »

I have noticed that the "Subscriptions" function under the "Tools" icon is not working for an account that does not have edit access to the calendar. If I sign in with my own account, as STS, then this function works.

I've repeated this several times with both Chrome and FF browsers with the same result.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Subscriptions Won't Display

Post by jdlessley »

techgy wrote:I have noticed that the "Subscriptions" function under the "Tools" icon is not working for an account that does not have edit access to the calendar.
I do not see a "Tools" icon for Calendar. I have an "Overview" icon and a "Settings" menu icon. The "Subscriptions" link in the "Settings" menu works fine for me when I tested it using my wife's user credentials. She does not have administrator or editor rights.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdlessley wrote:
techgy wrote:I have noticed that the "Subscriptions" function under the "Tools" icon is not working for an account that does not have edit access to the calendar.
I do not see a "Tools" icon for Calendar. I have an "Overview" icon and a "Settings" menu icon. The "Subscriptions" link in the "Settings" menu works fine for me when I tested it using my wife's user credentials. She does not have administrator or editor rights.
That's correct. The "settings" icon. I just attempted to use the "subscriptions" link again with my wife's account (no administrator/editor) and it still gives me an error (attached). If I login using my administrator/editor account it works just dandy.
Attachments
Error message received when the "subscriptions" link is used under "Settings".
Error message received when the "subscriptions" link is used under "Settings".
Cal_Error.jpg (6.41 KiB) Viewed 377 times
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I tried the "subscriptions" link just now and although the response is slow, it did eventually work. I suspect that the problem encountered yesterday may be related to the load on the system.. With the first of the year almost here I would guess that there's a lot of activity entering 2013 events. However, the fact that the system is so slow on a Sunday raises some concern.

Return to “Calendar”