Date Display on Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
techgy
Community Moderators

Date Display on Calendar

Post by techgy »

When a member clicks on any given date of the calendar, using just a "plain Jane" account, the date that was clicked changes color to black/gray. If they then click on another date that date also changes color. Each time another date is clicked the color changes to the dark color indicating that the specific date has been selected, but there's no way to "unselect" them w/o exiting the calendar.

If I sign in with my STS account and click on a date, since I have editing capabilities, this doesn't happen. Rather the date is opened for me to create an event on. This works as it should.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Date Display on Calendar

Post by jdlessley »

techgy wrote:... but there's no way to "unselect" them w/o exiting the calendar.
Or by reloading/refreshing the web page.

I agree this is a distracting behavior that serves no purpose that I can see.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Date Display on Calendar

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:If I sign in with my STS account and click on a date, since I have editing capabilities, this doesn't happen. Rather the date is opened for me to create an event on. This works as it should.
Actually, it happens with your STS account, too. When you click on a date, the event creation popup appears. If you immediately cancel that popup, you'll see that the background color of the square containing that date has changed, just like it does for someone who is not a calendar editor/administrator.

I agree that it shouldn't happen. It's clearly a bug, but it's only a minor distraction.

Return to “Calendar”