Can't see private calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BMaxwell

Can't see private calendar

Post by BMaxwell »

I've just been called as Ward Executive Secretary and I'm trying to set up a private calendar for the Bishop's appointments, viewable and modifiable by the Bishop and me. I got it set up OK, and the Bishop approved it (I watched him do it, so I know that step happened) and he can see it from his account, but when I log in to my account, I can't see the calendar.

I don't see any administrator options when I log in, which leads me to think that I'm not set up correctly. I do show up in the ward directory as Ward Executive Secretary. What should I be checking?

Thanks!

Brian Maxwell
Catalina Ward
Tucson North Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't see private calendar

Post by russellhltn »

BMaxwell wrote:I do show up in the ward directory as Ward Executive Secretary. What should I be checking?
How did you set up the rights in the calendar itself? By name or by calling?

Are you recorded in MLS as a standard position or custom position?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BMaxwell

Post by BMaxwell »

I set up the rights by calling. I'm in MLS as a standard position.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you get into the CDOL? If not then your calling has not likely "made it" to the on-line system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BMaxwell

Post by BMaxwell »

What's the CDOL? How do I check? How long would it take for my calling to "make it?"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BMaxwell wrote:What's the CDOL? How do I check? How long would it take for my calling to "make it?"
CDOL is the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders, available at https://cdol.lds.org

There are two steps to getting access to the various online systems:
  1. Get your new standard calling in CDOL, which typically happens by entering the calling in MLS, and having it transmitted to CDOL. Once this step is done, your calling will show up on the Directory, typically in well under an hour.
  2. Once your calling is in CDOL, it takes a while (up to one business day) for access rights to online systems to be granted to you. That's what RussellHltn was referring to as the time it takes to "make it to the on-line system."
BMaxwell

Post by BMaxwell »

I can get into CDOL, but nothing is populated in the two drop-downs under "My Church Directory." Nothing under People or Organizations. Is that what I should expect to see?

My calling was entered into MLS and transmitted a couple of weeks ago. It showed up in the directory at that time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BMaxwell wrote:I can get into CDOL, but nothing is populated in the two drop-downs under "My Church Directory." Nothing under People or Organizations. Is that what I should expect to see?
Until you save something, yes. The fact you can get into the CDOL is a good indication that your calling is recorded correctly. But you might want to search for your ward and verify what it says in there and see that it matches what was set in the calendar.

After that, I'm out of ideas. But there have been a number of complaints about private calendars.

BMaxwell

Post by BMaxwell »

Ach, nothing's ever easy, is it? Thank you for your help. I found a directory in CDOL and was able to get in touch with the IT department. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Return to “Calendar”