Forum: managing new posts

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
marianomarini

Forum: managing new posts

Post by marianomarini »

I hope this is the correct place to ask, since topic title is so general.
My litle problem is managing new posts.
I'm use to go to unread posts, look at the list, choose one that I want read, then return to unread posts and repeat the process until I've no more interested post.
Eventually mark the remaining (if so) unread posts as read!
Right now, I need to pass from Board Index to perform each task (except from list to read post). It's this mandatory?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Forum: managing new posts

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:Right now, I need to pass from Board Index to perform each task (except from list to read post). It's this mandatory?
This very issue has been discussed in a private moderator forum, so you're not alone in noticing that with phpBB the ability to view unread posts often takes one more click than it did under vBulletin. Those who manage the site have been asked to consider making this option more visible.

In the meantime, note that the View unread posts link is simply a link, which can be bookmarked. Even under vBulletin, I had a bookmark on my browser's bookmarks bar that I could use to go straight to the unread posts view, even if I wasn't even on the LDSTech site. When we switched to phpBB, I simply updated that bookmark, so no matter where I am, the unread posts view is one click away.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: This thread was split from the RE: New Updates to the LDSTech Forum Software thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rolandc

Re: Forum: managing new posts

Post by rolandc »

It would really be nice to see "search.php?do=getdaily" brought back it always showed post from the last 24 hours no matter.

Return to “Help with this forum”