Photo Graphics

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
casper684

Photo Graphics

Post by casper684 »

Graphics not rendering properly when I look at a family photo I get links to scriptures, teachings, resources and news above the photo and have to update the page cause it freezes. I am using Google 23.0 Chrome.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Photo Graphics

Post by jdlessley »

Could you be more specific as to what "when I look at a family photo" means? What specific steps are you taking to "look at a family photo"? Are you clicking "Photos" in the left column and then clicking one of the photos displayed in the right column?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

casper684 wrote:Graphics not rendering properly when I look at a family photo I get links to scriptures, teachings, resources and news above the photo...
I'm pretty sure you are seeing what I described in the thread Header appears on top of photo popups. Take a look at the screen shot in that post and let us know.
casper684 wrote:... and have to update the page cause it freezes.
I don't think it's freezing, but rather the photo popup can't be closed very easily because the close button is overlaid with another link that prevents you from clicking on the close button. If you're careful you can move the popup to a different location or resize your browser window so that you can click on the close button.

Note that in this post of that thread, a Church employee says that it should be fixed in the next release of Directory, but that hasn't happened yet. No date has been specified for that release.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Thank you. Yes that is my problem exactly. Will try your suggestions on how to remedy until next scheduled fix. Sorry I'm not good at this and learning. "Rendering" was not my word but another techy type that I was telling the problem to :-)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”