Is there a way to create a list of all YSA in the stake?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dheilner

Is there a way to create a list of all YSA in the stake?

Post by dheilner »

I am a stake assistant clerk.

Our mission president wants the missionaries in the stake to reach out to YSA members. There is not a YSA ward or branch, and we would like to create a listing of all YSA members and also show the ward or branch in which they currently have their records.

Is there a way create such a list through filtering in MLS, on LDS org, LDStools, or using clerk resources? It would be strongly preferred to do this on the stake clerk computer instead of reaching out to each ward and branch to have them spend time trying to do this.

I also understand that such a list may need some refinement, as some members may be thought to be "YSA" because of their age, or being married to a non-member.

Thank you very much.
dheilner

Re: Is there a way to create a list of all YSA in the stake?

Post by dheilner »

I think I've figured out that I can create a custom report in MLS and add criteria/filters to get this list. Also Clerk Resources may have a listing by ward. But if anyone has any thoughts, happy to hear them. Thank you,
Dane
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like you've found the way to do it.

You might look up what's needed to record a marriage to a non-member. It may be just the name is needed. That way the missionaries can gather the information needed to update the records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dheilner wrote:we would like to create a listing of all YSA members and also show the ward or branch in which they currently have their records.
We use a custom report run on the stake computer. We have other needs for the list, as well, and have been doing it for some time.

I do not recall the exact criteria we use. I think there is an age range and a not married flag, then we display the name, address, phone number, etc., along with the abbreviated unit name (we use a two letter/digit abbreviation for our units).

The list can then be sorted by unit, age, gender, or whatever other criteria we decide to add.

Return to “Membership Help”