mevans

Missing Primary 7 Manual

Post by mevans »

The Primary Curriculum for 2013 shows the following:

General Curriculum:
Valiant 8-11: Primary 5

Basic Curriculum
Valiant 8-11: Primary 7

Is there some setting in Lesson Schedules to know if a unit uses General or Basic Curriculum? If not, it appears that anyone using the Basic Curriculum can't successfully use the tool as some of the manuals are missing. This may happen with other organizations on Basic Curriculum, too. I just happened to be setting up Primary and noticed the basic curriculum manual wasn't available. I haven't checked the Basic Curriculum for 2013 for other organizations.
tomjoht

Re: Missing Primary 7 Manual

Post by tomjoht »

Hmmm, I actually don't see the two categories you mention here between a Basic and General curriculum. Maybe there's a limitation with some of our test data.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

In Instructions for Curriculum 2013 it lists:
Ages 8–11 (Valiant 8–11 Classes)
Primary 5: Doctrine and Covenants and Church History (34602).
If this manual is not available, use Primary 7: New Testament (34604)."
In Lesson Schedules, if you select "Primary" in "Priesthood or Auxiliary" then Primary 5: Doctrine and Covenants and Church History is available but Primary 7: New Testament is not available for "Manual and Lesson Material". This is in line with the Instructions for Curriculum 2013. But I agree that if a unit does not have the Primary 5 manual and plan to use the Primary 7 manual as the substitute it should be available in Lesson Schedules.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I noted this in JIRA for follow-up. LUAL-454

Return to “Lesson Schedules”