Finding your own membership number

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wrigjef

Finding your own membership number

Post by wrigjef »

I recently moved and lost access to clerk and leader tools as well as CDOL. I'm now wanting to verify my own record number (for tithing slips). I'm not sure how a member with no special access can find this information without going to the clerk.
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Finding your own membership number

Post by techgy »

If you have a temple recommend, it's on the recommend. Other than that your best source would be your ward clerk.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:I'm now wanting to verify my own record number (for tithing slips).
Note that there's no need to enter your membership record number on donation slips for donations you make in the ward where your records are located.

But asking your ward clerk for your Individual Ordinance Summary is easy enough. If members don't have their MRN on their temple recommend or a previous IOS, that doesn't seem like any significant burden. The fact is that the Church uses the MRN as an important identifier when members sign up for an LDS Account. So it's a good thing that it's hard to find your own MRN, and appropriate that a ward clerk would give it personally to a member who is known to him.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can also have your clerk email you a copy of your IOS, printed via MLS or the online system as a PDF.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:You can also have your clerk email you a copy of your IOS, printed via MLS or the online system as a PDF.
While technically possible, I'm not sure as it's a good idea. I'd certainly be leery about receiving such requests by e-mail. (Social engineering and all.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

While technically possible, I'm not sure as it's a good idea. I'd certainly be leery about receiving such requests by e-mail. (Social engineering and all.)
Maybe it's time to use secure signed, and better, encrypted email!
But this is another story ...
lin531

Post by lin531 »

My [removed] year old son has lost his records. He is now living with us in [removed]. The ward clerk has not been able to locate them His name is [removed]
DOB: [removed]. We lived the Houston area when was he was eight. He was made a priest in [removed].

[Moderator edit: This is a public forum. Please don't post personal information that could be useful for those who might use the information for harmful purposes.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

After your ward clerk tries to move his record into your ward, LCR should give him a form to request assistance from Church administrative personnel. That might succeed in finding your son's record. The other option is for your ward clerk to contact the Global Services Department.
eugeneinjehu

Post by eugeneinjehu »

Please I need to get my membership number
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

eugeneinjehu wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:03 pm Please I need to get my membership number
Nobody here can get that for you. You will have to ask your ward clerk, or membership clerk, for it if you don't have it in your Church account or on a temple recommend.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”