Building Scheduling Error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lisapellegrini

Building Scheduling Error

Post by lisapellegrini »

The stake building scheduler from another stake is scheduling events in her stake center that are showing up on our calendar in the reservation area. When I delete these events they come off of her stake calendar.

I show up as the stake building scheduler in her stake (I'm not in her stake).

What can I do to separate these two stake buildings?

Lisa Pellegrini
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Scheduling Error

Post by russellhltn »

Do you share that building at all? What Building/Rooms are the events for when you see them?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisapellegrini

Post by lisapellegrini »

No. We don't share this building. They are completely unrelated to us.
lisapellegrini

Post by lisapellegrini »

I am also showing up as their stake building scheduler.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is the name of the building? Could it be the same building but you each think of it as "your" stake center?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisapellegrini

Post by lisapellegrini »

No. I live in the Cedar City Canyon View stake. Our stake center is the Canyon View Stake Center. She lives in the Cedar City stake. Her stake center is the Cedar City stake center. She lives FAR from our stake boundaries (in New Harmony). We definitely don't share facilities. I called the FM group because I thought maybe it was a problem with which stake the buildings were assigned to. They seem to be fine.

I can't post on her calendar. But she can post on mine. I can delete her reservations off of my calendar. It's like her calendar believes that her stake center and mine are the same building. But mine recognizes the correct building. BTW, her building is titled "Cedar City Stake Center".
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It could be helpful to ask a stake calendar administrator in your stake (such as the stake clerk) to check in the Calendar settings under Locations and Rooms to see if your stake center has that other stake assigned to the building (there's an admin feature that allows any unit to be assigned to any building). That sounds like it could explain the behavior you are describing.
lisapellegrini

Post by lisapellegrini »

The building scheduler from the Cedar Stake told me she is selecting the building "named" Cedar Stake Center. Wouldn't it show up as the Canyon View Stake center if they had added an additional location?

I checked ours (I have stake admin rights) and the Cedar Stake Center isn't showing up as a location on our list.

Return to “Calendar”