Sync Calendar with "Google Calendar" and "Outlook 2007"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Rick203

Sync Calendar with "Google Calendar" and "Outlook 2007"

Post by Rick203 »

Hi,

I am trying to sync the calendar with my Google Calendar and Outlook2007.

I did the following:
Went to Sync and copied the URL for the Google Calendar, went to gmail and everything worked no problem. I waited 15 minutes and then went back to the sync page and went to the tab "Microsoft Outlook" copied that URL, pasted in into my browser, got the message asking me to allow to import into outlook, clicked allow and then I got an error message asking me to check if the calendar existed.

Then I figured probably did something wrong so I deleted everything from google and then refreshed the URL to be sure.

Then I first downloaded the Microsoft Office Calendar URL and it worked fine, after which I waited 15 minutes and went to Gmail to get the calendar in there also but this time it gave me an error similar to what Outlook gave me before.

Is there a way to get the calendar loaded into Outlook and into my Google Calendar?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Sync Calendar with "Google Calendar" and "Outlook 2007"

Post by aebrown »

Your basic approach should work, and there is no reason you can't sync your calendar with multiple systems.

The one challenge is that the sync service is currently throttled so that it returns results only once every 9 minutes. You reported that you carefully waited 15 minutes between imports you initiated, which is certainly an important thing to do.

However, once you have set up a sync with a third-party system, you may not be able to control when that system does additional syncs. Some systems allow only a manual sync, some allow you to configure how often they sync, and others sync automatically whenever they feel like it. It's possible that when you were doing what you thought was your second sync 15 minutes later, the first system had already done a second sync, and so your new attempt was less than 9 minutes after that second sync. To the extent that you can configure the sync time of your various systems, try to safely separate them (e.g., system 1 does a sync on odd numbered hours, and system 2 does a sync on even numbered hours).
Rick203

Re: Sync Calendar with "Google Calendar" and "Outlook 2007"

Post by Rick203 »

I tried the above but it didn't work either. I first got the internet calendar done in Outlook and then made sure it hadn't synced for at least 15 minutes and then I tried to get everything to work in Google/Gmail but I got the same error I got before.

Does someone maybe know of a way to sync all google calendars with Outlook? Right now it only syncs my main calendar with Outlook but if I can find a program that will sync my Primary Calendar en Secondary (LDS) calendar with Outlook the problem is also solved.

P.s. Right now I am using Google Calendar Sync

Return to “Calendar”