Inaccurate pop up windows

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

Inaccurate pop up windows

Post by 2gerolyn »

Our building was deemed dangerous, so we had to move to other buildings for a couple of weeks until we found out the extent of the damage. I changed the locations of our meetings to "other location" and entered "TBD". When we finally were able to get back into the building, I went back to some of the events to change them back to our stake center. The change was made on the event page...but the pop up window that comes up after just one click, did not change. I had to completely remove the event and re-enter it. Has anyone had a similar problem?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Inaccurate pop up windows

Post by kisaac »

Yes. This is...oh no...a bug.
When "other location" is originally entered on an event, and information is typed in the "fill in the location below" field, and the event is saved:
If you later re-edit, and change "other Location" to a building and select a resource (room) and re-save,
Then the display "pop-up" when you click the event on month view, displays the original value you typed for "other location," instead of displaying the new building resource you changed it to. However, examining the event by choosing to edit it again, shows the new building resource is correctly displayed for the event, but the pop-up will not change to the correct resource.

In my limited trials, saving an event with no location selected, and then editing it to include a location and resource works correctly. I also discovered that you don't need to delete it and re-enter the event again to get a correct display. Edit your event and change the location first to "no location," and save it. Then re-edit it and change to the correct location and room. While still a big hassle, not quite as big as re-entering your whole event.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Note to developers who will want to fix this ASAP: Changing buildings works correctly, as does changing from a building to "no location."
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

Great information...thank you.

Return to “Calendar”