MLS export

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bradley.nelson

MLS export

Post by bradley.nelson »

With the new version of MLS the export function is missing some of the orgs. (Ward Mission for example) in the csv file. Is this a known issue?

Is there a better way to extract membership / org info?

Ideally I would like to be able to pull the data from a server and not have to do an export from the ward computer.

I have not been able to get wget to work.

The code in LDS Tools looks interesting but it's tied to a specific platform [android, iphone, blackberry,...] vs coded as a java sdk application that can run on linux, windows, mac, …

If this has already been addressed, or should been posted to another forum please excuse me.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
reynj

Re: MLS export

Post by reynj »

We are having the same issue with the Organization.csv export. We are missing the ward mission, and all stake callings (positions filled by members of our ward). The callings are shown on screen, and the built in reports seem to be correct, but the export seems to be missing about 25-30% of the callings for our ward.

We would also like a way to get the same information direct from a CHQ server, but we would be happy if the export actually exported all the data.

Thanks for any help that can be offered. I'd be happy to test something, or be of assistance in trouble shooting the issue.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I'm running into issues with this at the stake level too...

I use the MLS Export feature to automate many tasks at the stake level, however, the MLS export doesn't have the ward mission callings (I've looked in Membership.csv, Organization.csv, and WardOrganization.csv).

Is there another place I should be looking to include the Ward Mission callings in the MLS Export?

(or if this data is available in a delimited format online that would be wonderful!)

Thank you~!

PS: @reynj - If you ask your stake clerk for a copy of "Organization.csv" that contains people in every ward that have stake callings.
ronharris

Post by ronharris »

I am a new stake clerk in a newly created stake and experiencing difficulties when I submit changes in MLS to Salt Lake. As ward clerk, I would get a printout of changes submitted when I do a send/receive at the end of a session. I do not get these printouts now and when i check a few day later on lds.org or re-sync my phone, the changes have not been updated like they did when I was ward clerk.
I would also like to know what tasks others have been using MLS export for. I've never used the feature.

Thanks for your help.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

This is a guess: I'm guessing you are making Tier 1 leadershp changes.

Tier 1 Leadership callings require a different method to make changes and take more time to sync since they are manually verified:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings#Tier ... _positions
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Leader_and_Un ... ge_Request

If that isn't the case, you could try calling Local Unit Support
https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... o?lang=eng

Thanks~!
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

As far as what I use MLS Export for:

Stake President PPIs with Bishops - For each ward/bishop I auto populate:
* YM Ages 16-18 - show name, age, priesthood, confirmation date, and Y/N if there is an overdue ordinance
* YW Ages 16-18 - show name, age, confirmation date
* Prospective Elders - show name, age, priesthood, confirmation date
* YSAs - show name, age, PH (if applicable), confirmation date
* Married members who aren't sealed

I'm also thinking about adding "Melchizedek Priesthood Holders who aren't endowed".

I also use it for emailing people. Say you get a request, "Please email all the second counselors for every ward about....". With the MLS export "WardOrganization.csv" I can filter on that particular calling and copy out the email addresses and paste them into my email to: field.

I'm also working on an automated report showing "All members called within the past X days to callings under the stewardship of stake council members" (Say, there is a new YW 2nd Counselor in a ward... that person would show up on this report). I'm planning on giving that report every few months to the stake council members so they can know who they need to train.

Another idea is: "People with stake callings with expiring/expired temple recommends". (Yes, this data is available, but I have to go lookup people individually). With MLS Export, you can link the CSV files together and pull this sort of data.

Anyhow, I use programming for this... load the CSV(s) into an in-memory table and run queries against it. You could also use vlookups and/or filters.

Thanks~!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ronharris wrote:I am a new stake clerk in a newly created stake and experiencing difficulties when I submit changes in MLS to Salt Lake. As ward clerk, I would get a printout of changes submitted when I do a send/receive at the end of a session. I do not get these printouts now and when i check a few day later on lds.org or re-sync my phone, the changes have not been updated like they did when I was ward clerk.
What kinds of changes are you making? Many of the ones you used to do as a ward clerk cannot be done by the stake (update phone number, address, etc.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

bradley.nelson wrote:With the new version of MLS the export function is missing some of the orgs. (Ward Mission for example) in the csv file. Is this a known issue?
reynj wrote:We are having the same issue with the Organization.csv export. We are missing the ward mission, and all stake callings (positions filled by members of our ward). The callings are shown on screen, and the built in reports seem to be correct, but the export seems to be missing about 25-30% of the callings for our ward.
Reporting bugs in this forum does not necessarily get the bug report to those responsible. You also should report this issue using the message function within MLS.
j.samfisher

Post by j.samfisher »

Noticed the same thing. Music callings are also omitted from the Organization.csv file.
j.samfisher

Post by j.samfisher »

I compared the lds.org "Callings by Organization" online to the Organization.csv export and the following callings are missing from the export:
Activities and Sports
Ward Missionaries
Employment and Welfare
Music
Facilities
Family History

It would also be nice to include the "Out of Unit" callings in the export.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”