Ward Website Administrator cannot Approve Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mbollard

Ward Website Administrator cannot Approve Calendar

Post by mbollard »

I am the ward website administrator, and our new bishop has asked me to get a ward calendar setup and ready for use. I have created the calendar, but when I go Settings > Calendars and see the listed calendar, I don't see anywhere to approve it. I see a column for Approval, but it just says Pending Approval. How do I approve this calendar?
failproof

Re: Ward Website Administrator cannot Approve Calendar

Post by failproof »

When you click the settings gear in the upper right corner of the calendar, do you have an option there for Administrators? It's one of the options that is only there if you are an actual calendar administrator. If it is not there, then you very likely need to have your ward clerk check your calling in MLS. In order for the Website Administrator to have the needed rights and permissions on the calendar, you need to be set up with the standard calling in MLS and not a custom calling. standard callings have a star by them in MLS. Your permissions on all of the LDS.org tools and applications comes from your calling as listed in CDOL, which gets updated from MLS.
mbollard

Post by mbollard »

I don't see an option for Administrators. I'll have my clerk check on that. Thanks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

mbollard wrote:I don't see an option for Administrators. I'll have my clerk check on that. Thanks.
To Clarify; The official calling is "Website Administrator" not "Ward Website Administrator". Unless you have the term correct, you won't be recognized officially as an administrator.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techgy wrote:
mbollard wrote:I don't see an option for Administrators. I'll have my clerk check on that. Thanks.
To Clarify; The official calling is "Website Administrator" not "Ward Website Administrator". Unless you have the term correct, you won't be recognized officially as an administrator.
More specifically, you must be entered into the ward MLS with the proper standard position. If they've used a custom position, it will not work regardless of if it's the right title.

When we see anyone post a title in the forum that doesn't match the standard position name, we immediately suspect that they have not been entered in a standard position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mbollard

Post by mbollard »

That worked. Thanks for all the info.

Return to “Calendar”