Password Error

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
trentduray

Password Error

Post by trentduray »

I am the branch clerk and I do tithing weekly with a counselor in the presidency. As of two weeks ago after completing tithing and trying to submit the batch I recieve an error saying that one of the user must be a member of the bishopric or presidency or clerk. I have to ask my branch president to enter his usernam and password now to enter and submit the batch. I checked the mls system and I am still the clerk and the counselor still shows as the counselor. Any ideas would be great.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Password Error

Post by jdlessley »

Have you checked to see that your calling has not been changed or that your calling is a standard position? Early in the transition to MLS 3.5 there were issues like this in which the standard positions were changed to custom positions. If your calling is a standard position then you may need to contact LUS for assistance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Password Error

Post by techgy »

trentduray wrote:I am the branch clerk and I do tithing weekly with a counselor in the presidency. As of two weeks ago after completing tithing and trying to submit the batch I receive an error saying that one of the user must be a member of the bishopric or presidency or clerk. I have to ask my branch president to enter his usernam and password now to enter and submit the batch. I checked the mls system and I am still the clerk and the counselor still shows as the counselor. Any ideas would be great.
I had the same thing yesterday in a branch. It turned out that both of the counselors are members of a family ward who were called to serve in the branch and they were never entered as "out of unit" members of the ward.

The issue here is in order to submit a donation batch it takes two people. One must be a member of the branch presidency and the other a clerk. In your case, since you verified that all individuals involved in the batch were indeed the correct individuals, I'd suggest you contact support.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”