Seeking clarity for new lesson schedule program

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
colbyj

Seeking clarity for new lesson schedule program

Post by colbyj »

Hello,

There seems to be alot of info posted, but I'm not having luck finding an answer to my basic question: Does the stake still set the overall lesson schedule for RS/Priesthood, similar to previous years? understanding that wards have to shift at times due to ward conferences, etc... but does the stake still have the responsibility of establishing a baseline schedule from which wards adjust?

It appears this is no longer the case...
thank you
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Seeking clarity for new lesson schedule program

Post by lajackson »

colbyj wrote:Does the stake still set the overall lesson schedule for RS/Priesthood, similar to previous years?
The stake is responsible for setting the schedule for Teachings of Presidents of the Church on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays. The stake has the option of setting the topics for the 4th Sunday Teachings for Our Time, or allowing the bishopric to set the topics.

Although the stake is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd Sunday schedule, the Lesson Schedules system does not allow the stake to input the schedule. For the present, each unit has to do that on their own based on direction from the stake. There has been much discussion on the topic, but that is the way it is, administratively speaking.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

OK, thank you very much. that answers my question.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

colbyj wrote:There seems to be alot of info posted, but I'm not having luck finding an answer
I guess you go to the sources, ultimately, to answer your question:
  • Your Stake and Ward Leadership, and
    Church Handbook of Instructions
My UN-official opinion: What is the goal for stake lesson sync as opposed to ward sync of weekly lessons? It's my impression that ward sync of lessons is what is beneficial, so spouses or families can study for coming lessons or discuss past lessons together at home. I feel stake leaders may see this as the ultimate goal, and try to "help" this happen in each ward.

This quote from the help files in Lessons Schedules may also help:
If you have trouble staying in sync with lesson schedules in your stake, you can point ward leaders to the "Instructions for Curriculum 2013" at http://lds.org/go/29O. Additionally, ward and stake members should follow instruction provided in Handbook 2. The following sections from Handbook 2 may be helpful:

18.3 Stake Meetings | 18.3.1 Stake Conference
18.2 Ward Meetings | 18.2.5 Ward Conference
7. Melchizedek Priesthood | 7.8.1 Sunday Priesthood Meetings
12. Sunday School | 12.4 Sunday School Classes
9. Relief Society | 9.4.1 Sunday Relief Society Meetings
10. Young Women | 10.6.2 Classes
8. Aaronic Priesthood | 8.11 Sunday Quorum Meetings
11. Sunday Primary | 11.4.3 Classes

Return to “Lesson Schedules”