Fun experimentation with audio

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
aclawson

Fun experimentation with audio

Post by aclawson »

For the new youth curriculum introduction tonight they are having two simultaneous sessions in the building with different content in each. This means that the in-house audio must have separate streams in the chapel and the gym, something we knew was theoretically possible but had never tested it. With the use of the crab I was able to stream audio from my cell phone into the ceiling speakers of the gym while the satellite feed played in the chapel. I've never had sound that good from my phone before.

Interesting to note: if the chapel audio power is OFF (up by the pulpit) then the audio fed into the AUDIO IN line in the gym gets piped everywhere in the building except for the chapel. I wonder if that is by design or just one of those "that's just how it works" things.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Fun experimentation with audio

Post by russellhltn »

IIRC, the logic is handled by a programmable mixer. So I'm sure it's configurable. Seems like a feature that could go either way depending on the actual event(s).
daveg123

Post by daveg123 »

The logic is handled by the mixer, however it is not configurable. The perimeter areas of the building (foyers, cry room, RS, etc) will always be fed either the chapel or the cultural hall audio (whichever is turned on), with the chapel always taking priority.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

There is an order to it depending on the style of Gym you have.

Chapel is unique and typically, each area separated by a curtain is unique. As the curtains are opened the sound from the opening will take precedence. So, if you have input in your overflow as log as you keep the curtain closed the sound is unique between the chapel and the overflow, but open the curtains to the chapel the chapel sound takes over, and so - on as you open curtains.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”