How to get a lesson back on the schedule

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jamespnash

How to get a lesson back on the schedule

Post by jamespnash »

Thank you....I was not aware of the need to add the gospel doctrine class. But now I have a new issue. I added an event for Ward Conference on May 19th. Rather than go from lesson 17 the week before, and then pushing lesson 18 to the week after our ward conference, lesson 18 simply disappeared...and we go from lesson 17-ward conference-lesson 19. Because we appear to be two lessons short for the entire year, how do I get lesson 18 back on the schedule?
tomjoht

Re: Lesson 2.0 Released

Post by tomjoht »

jamespnash wrote:Thank you....I was not aware of the need to add the gospel doctrine class. But now I have a new issue. I added an event for Ward Conference on May 19th. Rather than go from lesson 17 the week before, and then pushing lesson 18 to the week after our ward conference, lesson 18 simply disappeared...and we go from lesson 17-ward conference-lesson 19. Because we appear to be two lessons short for the entire year, how do I get lesson 18 back on the schedule?
Check out How Events Affect the Lesson Sequence, https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/les ... edules.htm. When you add events after classes, the events overwrite any classes scheduled for that date. You asked where did lesson 18 go? Just edit the subsequent events and manually select the lessons. Lesson 18 will be there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: This thread was split from the thread Lesson 2.0 Released.https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=14472 because it discusses a different topic. Please follow the Code of Conduct and "[d]o not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jamespnash

Re: How to get a lesson back on the schedule

Post by jamespnash »

I guess Ward Clerks should have more tech savy than me :-( Thank you for your patience. I do not understand the instruction to edit susequent events and manually select the lessons. Editing events appears to just add events like conferences. I do not see where you can manually select lessons for a specific date, and if you do, will it automatically propagate subsequent lessons, or does each date after an event has been added need to be ajdjusted manually? Sounds like it would be easier to delete the class totally, update all events, and then add the class again. Would you elaborate a bit more please?
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Yes. If you add an event after creating a class schedule you will have to manually edit the weekly entry for every week after that event.

I agree with you. If your events are setup to correctly affect your classes, it can be easier to delete the class and recreate it. This does not necessarily apply to the YM, YW, and Youth Sunday School classes since only the general topic is assigned. If you are choosing specific topics for each week, this approach could take more work.
jamespnash

Post by jamespnash »

Thank you.
gordondm75

Post by gordondm75 »

Is there a way the programmers can change the class edit screen and include a button to designate something like "overwrite lesson that date" and "shift subsequent lessons". This would prevent a huge headache if a special class is needed in January requiring all the lesson dates be manually changed.

Also, General Conference is a standard event that should be automatically included, not required to be entered by each ward (at least in the US).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gordondm75 wrote:Is there a way the programmers can change the class edit screen and include a button to designate something like "overwrite lesson that date" and "shift subsequent lessons".
There are plans for a "Regenerate Lesson Sequence" button (see this post). Perhaps that will help with your request.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”