Lesson schedule for 2013

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
frankgrossman

Lesson schedule for 2013

Post by frankgrossman »

I was able to add the custom class (instructions from Bishopric) to the fourth Sunday in December, however, I did not see how I can get to the class schedule for 2013. The procedure, as I understand, is that I have to delete all the classes that are available for 2013, add the events for the year, and then add each class selecting the appropriate class manual which will then populate each Sunday with the appropriate lesson. It seems that only 2012 show up.
jla59

Post by jla59 »

Only the current year is viewable in Lesson Schedules. Maybe in a future update they will add a next year option. Check back as soon as it is 2013.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Welcome to the forum frankgrossman! The church is working on an update to support 2013 curriculum and are very aware of how soon 2013 will arrive. You can't enter 2013 classes until it's available. They just released additional language support for lesson schedules, so they are making progress. The coming update will also support the new youth curriculum. Most likely when it's released, you'll see a post from LisaAn in this forum. She works for the church and does a great job of keeping us updated.
stephanieroney

Post by stephanieroney »

We would love to be able to just print out the 2013 lesson schedules to insert with our teachers manuals in primary for January. Do you know if it will be available in December yet?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

We couldn't wait any longer. We plan to give out the Priesthood and RS manuals this month as the ward Christmas gift. We will distribute them through the home and visiting teachers so they had to be ready to go this week. We printed our own schedule and stuck it on the inside cover. People will look at that one more than they will the one on the website because it is handy. But we just couldn't wait
MarkSutherland

Lesson Manual for 2013

Post by MarkSutherland »

One other thing that I noticed is that the manual for 2013 is not available yet either. We are using teachings of the presidents: Lorenzo Snow. Is that what everyone is using in 2013? When will the Church be posting access to this manual in lesson schedule?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The LDS.org Tools program Lesson Schedules has not been updated to allow scheduling 2013 class lessons. Only the 2012 lesson manuals are available and only 2012 classes can be viewed currently. They are feverishly working on Lesson Schedules to release it before the end of the year. The update will allow scheduling 2013 classes and the appropriate manuals will be available. The recent change to the 12 -18 youth curriculum has added additional complexity into the programming.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjoht

Re:

Post by tomjoht »

TinMan wrote:We couldn't wait any longer. We plan to give out the Priesthood and RS manuals this month as the ward Christmas gift. We will distribute them through the home and visiting teachers so they had to be ready to go this week. We printed our own schedule and stuck it on the inside cover. People will look at that one more than they will the one on the website because it is handy. But we just couldn't wait
I think printing out the lesson schedules and including them in the appropriate books for your class is a cool idea. Keep in mind, of course, that anytime you print a schedule, it becomes more difficult to change it later. You might also encourage people to go to https://lds.org/lesson on their mobile device and bookmark or save the page to their home screen.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”