MLS- Organization error

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
grwharton

MLS- Organization error

Post by grwharton »

When going into MLS Organizations I get the following error:
All Organization menus and functions have been temoraily disabled until an organization synchronizatin file has been created and received from Church headquarters. With the exception of home and visiting teaching, you may continue to use other MLS functions. Please click "Send/Receive Change" in approximately 30 minutes for MLS to receive and process the file.
When I do this nothing happens or changes. Any thoughts?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: MLS- Organization error

Post by lajackson »

Sometimes it takes longer than 30 minutes. Try another Send/Receive.

If you do not have anything by tomorrow, call Local Unit Support and let them know you are still locked out. They have been able to help get the file you need released.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I just sent down a refresh from CDOL which should unlock the organizations.
mbyronm

Post by mbyronm »

I'm having this same problem and no one in the bishopric seems to know the solution either. From the solution posted here, it sounds as though it's not something that I am able to do myself but need assistance from someone else. Is that true? and if so, who do I contact?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mbyronm wrote:From the solution posted here, it sounds as though it's not something that I am able to do myself but need assistance from someone else. Is that true? and if so, who do I contact?
Assuming you are the clerk, you should be able to do a unit refresh to see if that helps.

Otherwise I think your two options are to wait for Monday and call Local Unit Support or hope that JonesRK sees your message.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mbyronm wrote:I'm having this same problem and no one in the bishopric seems to know the solution either. From the solution posted here, it sounds as though it's not something that I am able to do myself but need assistance from someone else. Is that true? and if so, who do I contact?
I just sent you a refresh from CDOL. That should unlock the organizations section in MLS.

As a note for anyone else that is having this same problem, when you request a unit data refresh that will tell CDOL to send you a refresh, so you should be able to solve this without help from CHQ.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”