Login problem

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
gdcaswell

Login problem

Post by gdcaswell »

Is there a fix out there for LDS Tools for windows phone? I have mobile HTC radar phone and all of a sudden tools wants me to sign in and it starts to download and I get an error. gdcaswell@verizon.net thx, December Caswell
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This sounds like it might be related to the issue reported in the thread Windows Phone 7 apps broken, again. :-(.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
skotywa

Post by skotywa »

I have an HTC Radar and I'm able to log in, but the download fails. It says it's "Signing in..." then "Finding your ward/branch..." then "Downloading membership information..." then "Downloading leadership information..." followed by a few more messages and then finally: "An error occurred while downloading. Please try again." This happens every time for me now.

LDSTools was working great for me up until a month ago. Now I get this error every time.

Things I've tried:
1. Delete the app and reinstall it
2. Shut down and restart my phone
3. Change my LDS Account user name

Nothing has worked.
npmiller57

Post by npmiller57 »

I had the same problem... I found that is was when I was trying to update over my 3G/4G connection.

Try turning your data off and run it over WiFi.
skotywa

Post by skotywa »

I tried using both data connections (by disabling one then the other). Unfortunately, it did not work, the behavior is the same. Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the LDS Tools app itself. When I enter an incorrect password, it figures that out pretty quickly and gives me the appropriate error message. When I give it a correct password it behaves as I described, successfully logging in, downloading a bunch of stuff, then errors out at the end.

Since my first post (back on September 28th), I've had the app uninstalled for several months. I recently installed it again to see if the problem was resolved. No such luck. This is frustrating.
jensbyrg

Re: Login problem

Post by jensbyrg »

I too have the same login error on my HTC Windows 7 Mobile cellphone. Have had the problem for about 2 months. Was working fine prior to that.

Any LDS Tools tech reading this, I would appreciate some instuructions how to fix this. ASAPP.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jensbyrg wrote:Any LDS Tools tech reading this, I would appreciate some instuructions how to fix this. ASAPP.
See the wiki article LDS Tools for Windows Mobile for contact information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
andrewjenson

Post by andrewjenson »

I have the Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8.
Upon installing a fresh version of the LDS Tools app I have entered in the correct user name and password and when I click "Download My Information" it acts like it is downloading on the download bar and says "downloading membership information, downloading leadership information, downloading calendar events" and ends with the message
"An error occurred while downloading. Please try again."
I had the same error on 11/27/2012 and all the way til now.
Please let us know what is up with it.
benfeely

Post by benfeely »

I have observed the exact same issue as andrewjenson. Please advise.
james_francisco

Post by james_francisco »

This would be the wrong place to look. The Windows Mobile project didn't go anywhere. If it were an application issue, the LDS Tools for WIndows Phone would be the place to look. But, since there haven't been a software update since August and the update functionality failed in October, an application error isn't all that likely.

What is more likely is that something in the back end security model was changed in a way that breaks the linkage to the WP7 OS.

jdlessley wrote:See the wiki article LDS Tools for Windows Mobile for contact information.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”