YSA Stake Leaders accessing Lesson Schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
JohnSutherland

YSA Stake Leaders accessing Lesson Schedules

Post by JohnSutherland »

85 out-of-unit members serve in leadership positions in our YSA Stake. As the stake clerk, when I access lesson schedules, I can only see my home ward. I cannot see any of the wards in my YSA stake. I read the known limitations and did not see this listed as a limitation. Is there a way for the 85 out-of-unit leaders to view and edit lesson schedules for our twelve YSA wards?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The lesson schedules need to be edited by the wards. There is no provision for the stake in the current version.

Stake leaders do have access to their home ward for training/demo purposes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Allan_F

Re: YSA Stake Leaders accessing Lesson Schedules

Post by Allan_F »

But what about out of unit members being able to access the Lesson Schedules in the ward or stake in which they are serving? They automatically default to their home ward. Is there any way someone serving in a YSA stake can see the schedule for the YSA ward?
drjlee

Post by drjlee »

This is the same issue/concern I have. As a YSA stake, most of our leaders (Stake and Ward) are from outside the YSA stake. It would be very useful to allow these leaders to have access to the Ward/Stake schedules within the YSA stake they serve, rather than only their home ward.

In addition, in our stake the Priesthood/Relief Society and the Sunday School lessons schedule is set at stake level and all of the wards follow the same schedule. To have to create the same schedule eight times, one for each of the wards, does not make much sense. It would be nice if there were an alternative approach for setting up the lesson schedules.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: It is tempting to post different but related issues in the same post. But please keep to the topic of the thread. Any responses to drjlee's second paragraph should be addressed in another thread. For a discussion on that topic see "Stake Administration for Lesson Schedules" and "Will there will be access to schedule classes at stake level?".]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I updated my response here. Out-of-unit ward leaders do have access to the Lesson Schedules for the wards in which they serve, but out-of-unit stake leaders do not, because stake leaders don't normally have access to lesson schedules in other wards anyway.

I added a bug about this issue to the project tracking system. LUAL-442 for reference. I also added this to the Known Limitations page in the Lesson Schedules help.

Here are more specifics from the engineering team:

OOU Ward leaders should currently have access to their OOU ward. If that's not working we would need to get some specifics to troubleshoot, as it seems to be working fine in our internal testing (what most people see as a ward label at the top of the page shows up as a drop down to select your home ward, or OOU ward for any OOU leaders).

OOU Stake leaders is another matter though. If they are only assigned to an OOU stake and not a ward, there's not anything for us to show them. We don't currently have any provision for a stake leader to see any other units within their stake, they only see their home ward. That was a conscious design decision from that outset, mostly to keep the scope (and cost and time to develop) to a minimum. So in order for OOU stake leaders to have any visibility into their wards, we would first need to come up with a design that supports stake leaders having that visibility, and define business rules for what access they would have, etc.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”