Gospel Library Hymns need the music

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
lnewton64

Gospel Library Hymns need the music

Post by lnewton64 »

Have there been any plans to update the Gospel Library to include the actual music for the Hymns besides just the words. I would point you to the excellent work that the "ldsdudes.com" did on their "LDS Hymns with Notes" app for the Android. I would be REALLY nice to extend this same functionality to both the iOS and Windows Phone 8 environment. Maybe you could work with them in helping them extend the work that they have done to the other environments.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library Hymns need the music

Post by jdlessley »

This was discussed to some degree in the thread Hymns on Android.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lnewton64

Post by lnewton64 »

I just checked that thread, and it's mainly talking about adding the music/audio to the Android app which I have indicated is available in an app provided by the "ldsdudes.com" app called "LDS Hynms with Notes" app. I would like to see this functionality to be made available to those with Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 RT and iOS devices
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

What you are asking for is already available in the church's LDS Music app on iOS. I could see an integration allowing for fast navigation between the two apps (GL and LDSM). Perhaps the two apps could be conjoined.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lnewton64 wrote:I would like to see this functionality to be made available to those with Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 RT and iOS devices
Each mobile operating system has their own development team. When addressing issues for the Gospel Library it is best to post in the forum for that system rather than in the general Gospel Library forum. There is currently no development team formed for Windows 8 applications nor have there been any announcement as to how the Church is going handle the Windows 8 development issue. Because there is no official development for Windows 8 there is no forum. See the previous post for LDS Music app on iOS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Gospel Library”