A question out of curiosity

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
dstovall-p40

A question out of curiosity

Post by dstovall-p40 »

Will you tell us what the current organizational structure of ICS is and how that fits into the overall organizational structure of the church? is there a particular apostle that ICS reports to? I've been curious about that for a while now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dstovall wrote:Will you tell us what the current organizational structure of ICS is and how that fits into the overall organizational structure of the church? is there a particular apostle that ICS reports to? I've been curious about that for a while now.
Yes! I'd love to know how the church has implemented Incident Command System. :D

No, seriously! How is command handled in emergencies?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

dstovall wrote:Will you tell us what the current organizational structure of ICS is and how that fits into the overall organizational structure of the church? is there a particular apostle that ICS reports to? I've been curious about that for a while now.
I have heard that there is an apostle specifically over technology though. I can't remember which one currently is though.
jhvdh84

Post by jhvdh84 »

If I'm remembering correctly, at an Information Session at BYU a month ago, the speaker mentioned off-hand that it was Elder Holland and Elder Bednar, but my memory isn't perfect on this one.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RussellHltn wrote:Yes! I'd love to know how the church has implemented Incident Command System. :D

No, seriously! How is command handled in emergencies?
The ICS structure is initially formed at the local level, then builds as needed. It would take a fairly large scale incident to involve the Brethren in SLC. I'm sure there are plans and backup plans in place at that level, just as we are asked to have emergency plans in place at the Stake, Ward, and on down to the family levels. As for who might get involved at the highest levels, I'm not sure that's really important. Just my $.02.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Mikerowaved wrote:As for who might get involved at the highest levels, I'm not sure that's really important.
Agreed, it's not; but the title of the thread is "A question out of curiosity"...
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Currently ICS is managed by Joel Dehlin, the Church's CIO. Beneath Joel are a series of "directors" over different departments within ICS, such as Project Management, Development, Infrastructure, etc. Joel reports to the a committee, involving the Presiding Bishop (Bishop Burton), Elder Bednar and recently Elder Hales. It used to be Elder Holland.

Tom
dstovall-p40

Post by dstovall-p40 »

Thanks Tom. My curiosity has been cured.

Return to “Technical Recruiting”