Creating a YSA calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ToponceKC

Creating a YSA calendar

Post by ToponceKC »

I am sure that I am missing something. We have set up a YSA stake calendar. I see it in the calendars I have subscribed to. So do other adult members with in the stake. The issue is the entries to the YSA stake calendar appear mixed in with my home stake calendar. I want to just see the YSA calendar separate so we can just do entries on it. I have not figured out how to make it a stand alone calendar. It shows in my drop down as the YSA calendar but I don't want it listed with my home stake. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Gary_Miller

Re: Creating a YSA calendar

Post by Gary_Miller »

Unmark all your other calendars and you will just see the YSA calendar.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

Just another dumb question but that will be the same for all the adult leadership in the stake who are serving outside of their home stake and ward. But the members of the YSA stake will only see the YSA stake calendar am I close.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

That's how I understand it works.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

toponcekc wrote:But the members of the YSA stake will only see the YSA stake calendar am I close.
You are correct that the members of the YSA stake will only be able to view calendars of the YSA stake and their YSA ward/branch calendars. You are also correct that out of unit leaders in the YSA stake can view both they YSA stake calendars and their home stake calendars and home ward calendars. They cannot view any of the YSA ward/branch calendars. Out of unit leaders in the YSA wards/branches will be able view the YSA stake calendars, their YSA ward/branch calendars, their home stake calendars, and their home ward calendars.

Note that I used the plural for calendar in the paragraph above. The YSA stake and the units within that stake can have more than one calendar. Which calendars members, leaders, and out of unit leaders view is dependent on the calendars to which they have subscribed and which of those subscribed calendars they have checked for display on the main calendar page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”