Make magazines available through Play Store, Kindle, Nook, etc.

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
portersb

Make magazines available through Play Store, Kindle, Nook, etc.

Post by portersb »

Presently, the Ensign, New Era, Friend, and the Spanish edition of Liahona are all available through itunes.

The tablet market is heating up, and Nooks, Kindle Fires, and Google's Nexus tablets are selling like hot cakes. It would make a lot of sense to publish the Church's magazines through a variety of sources.

Now, there is technically an Ensign app in the Play Store, but it hasn't functioned at all the entire time that I have owned my Nexus 7 (quite a few months now), and Apple's app store likewise has an Ensign app, in addition to being distributed through Newsstand.

Edit: It appears that the Ensign and Liahona are available through the Kindle store, but cost $0.99 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except that it's free through itunes and the Church's website), and I couldn't find any of the other magazines.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

You can download all the magazines using Gospel Library.
portersb

Post by portersb »

The Gospel Library is limited to text and audio, which is why there are separate distributions on iTunes in the first place.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”