Problem with upper case in tags in Notes/Journal

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
fridgesm

Problem with upper case in tags in Notes/Journal

Post by fridgesm »

I have some tags that contain upper case characters, and some that are all lower case. On the Notes page, it always converts the tags to lower case. When you click on one of the tags that really has upper case characters (or for some, where some ended up all lower case and some ended up with upper case characters), the entries tied to the ones with upper case characters do not show up. I'd like to edit my older entries to just use lower case to avoid the problem, but I cannot select them.
fridgesm

Post by fridgesm »

Some more symptoms of the problem:

When I enter tags, the autocomplete will show me tags with upper case characters as separate from those with lower case. It will save them as lower case, however, regardless of which I choose.

When I select an entry that has a tag with upper case, the tag shows as all lower case. I can fix it by deleting the tag (assuming I know it's bad) and replacing it with an all lower case tag.

Since the system seems to enforce all lower case now, it would be nice to just convert any previous tags (these were from years ago) to all lower case.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”