Church movie called Greater Love

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
bballrob

Church movie called Greater Love

Post by bballrob »

Does anyone know if there is a digital copy of an old church movie called Greater Love. I is about a little boy that gets hit by a car and needs a blood transfusion to survive. His young sister is the only one available to give matching blood and she does so willingly. I becomes apparent later that she thought she would die by doing this but was willing to do so.

If anyone knows where it may be available digitally, I'd appreciate it.

Rob
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I couldn't find a digital version, but this link may give you some details that will help you in your search:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/greater-love/oclc/9412307
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
chrissv

Post by chrissv »

It's a tear-jerker for sure!

It'd be nice if the Church would go back and digitize all those old classics! My favorite growing up was "Morality For Youth" about the rafting trip!
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I did manage to find a copy in our meetinghouse library on VHS. I also enjoyed The Phone Call from back in the day.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

If you search "convert vhs to digital" on the internet you will find there are products that will allow you to link a VHS player to a computer and save the stream as a digital file that can be then burned to DVD. Some are not overly expensive.

I have never used one of these so don't know how the result will turn out (VHS is lower quality than DVD so don't get your hopes up too high). I have considered purchasing one to try, but haven't yet taken the plunge...
RobAlexander

Re: Church movie called Greater Love

Post by RobAlexander »

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re:

Post by sbradshaw »

bballrob wrote:I did manage to find a copy in our meetinghouse library on VHS. I also enjoyed The Phone Call from back in the day.
The Phone Call is one that the Church has digitized and put up on LDS.org:
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bballrob

Re: Re:

Post by bballrob »

sbradshaw wrote:
bballrob wrote:I did manage to find a copy in our meetinghouse library on VHS. I also enjoyed The Phone Call from back in the day.
The Phone Call is one that the Church has digitized and put up on LDS.org:
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... s?lang=eng
Is it in the Gospel Library App?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Church movie called Greater Love

Post by sbradshaw »

No, but it will be available in the LDS Media Library app that's being developed. (Gospel Library is focused mainly on gospel study, so there's a lot of Church content that it doesn't include.) It might be in the Mormon Channel app – I'm not sure.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Digital Media”