Newsletter sign in

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
Mrx99

Newsletter sign in

Post by Mrx99 »

Hello, I was the administrator for our ward, here in Southern Ontario. I used to go to the ward web site and have admin rights. Now, my bishop never told me he took those rights away and I still access the ward calender but where do I find the admin button to access the newsletter? It just does not show up. I could be wrong.....again....
Thanks, Mrx99
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mrx99 wrote:where do I find the admin button to access the newsletter? It just does not show up.

Right next to "Help", just to the right of the main panel. Note that it only shows up when you've selected the right unit. If you're a ward admin, then it should show up on the first screen. Stake admins have to click on "stake" before the admin button shows up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mrx99

Post by Mrx99 »

Hello, I went to the old ward web page and I still have administrator rights on that page but not on the new lds.org page. Was a mistake made? The bishop would have told me if he took it away but as far as I know I am still the ward administrator
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Simply because you are a admin of the old page doesn't make you an admin of the new one. Your calling of "Ward website administrator" needs to be correctly recorded in the ward MLS as a standard position.

That's a different procedure from the old website.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Administrators for the classic LUWS are not the same. You could be assigned an administrator for the classic LUWS but the administrator rights for the LDS.org Tools are granted by calling. What calling to you have in MLS. There are certain standard positions that are granted administrator rights for the Newsletter by default. Any other administrators have to be added by a default administrator. Administrator rights from the classic LUWS do not automatically transfer to the LDS.org Tools programs such as Newsletter.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mrx99

Post by Mrx99 »

I had better have a chat with my bishop.
Thanks for your help.
All the best, Ted
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:the administrator rights for the LDS.org Tools are granted by calling.

It appears some tools allow you to add administrators in the site itself, much like the old site. Calendar and Newsletter are two. But it can't be done in the Directory.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:It appears some tools allow you to add administrators in the site itself, much like the old site. Calendar and Newsletter are two.
Yes, I noted that for the Newsletter in my fourth and fifth sentences.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”